Everyone knows that every job comes with a side order of stress – make that a giant bowl. Whether you are pressed to meet deadlines, on the brink of a new promotion, or made a mistake that (you think) everyone noticed, it’s inevitable that you’re bound to run into a mild breakdown at some point.
Amidst all the chaos, it is crucial to stay calm and focused in order to move forward with grace. In case you are looking for a little refresher, especially during this summer heat, here are a few tips to keep in mind when you’re plate is piled a little too high!
- Take a break – When crunch time approaches in the office, things can get tense. Take a minute to walk outside, or even away from your desk to get some air. The last thing you want to do is take things personally and get upset.
- Food for thought – Remember to munch! As event day approaches, we all know that meals can be the last thing on our minds. Keep a handful of almonds or an apple on hand for those times when you need a small pick-me-up.
- Meet up with family, friends, or colleagues – In times of stress, the best listeners are the people close to you. Sometimes a break with people who know you best can take your mind off the to-do list in the back of your head.
- Set aside a “you” day – Nothing says R&R like a day dedicated to you. Whether you spend all-day Sunday watching movies, or need an extra long stroll in the park, sometimes the perfect stress reliever is time to collect your own thoughts on your own time.
- Ask Questions – If something is bothering you in the office, don’t be afraid to ask questions! A lot of the time unneeded stress can be caused by a simple question you are afraid to ask – and most of the time you will be surprised on how much clarity will help!
- Zzz … – Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. I can’t say this enough! Try your best to get a full night’s sleep at all costs. You will feel rejuvenated and ready to work when you aren’t exhausted from staying up all night.
Do you have a tip that helps you keep the stress away?
Tweet me and let me know @Sam__Dickson