It shouldn’t come as a surprise that I am a huge proponent of keeping yourself motivated.
One Heel Ahead exists for that reason. It’s a reminder for you to push yourself one step
further, and embrace new opportunities. However, sometimes you will face challenges that
test your patience. Maybe you’ve taken on too much at work, or you’re having disagreements with a fellow colleague on how to frame a pitch. Either way, sometimes all we need is a gentle reminder that things are going to be okay. Here is a brief PR pro’s guide to staying focused!
- Take it outside. A little fresh air will remind you that life will go on.
- Ask questions. If you’re confused, or seeking clarification, ask questions to get a better
understanding of the task at hand.
- Re-evaluate your eating habits. Skipping breakfast? Sometimes jumping off on the wrong foot is your first problem. Take a step back and see if your lifestyle may be impacting your mood.
- Listen and learn. Take advice from your mentor, or seasoned professionals that you
look up to. It helps to talk it through with someone who may have been in your position at one time or another.
- Give yourself a break. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” You’ll be surprised how refreshed you feel when you allow yourself some time to relax.
- Talk to family or friends. If you live away from home, reach out and talk with someone that’s close to you. Perhaps a familiar voice will help you refocus and give you the
motivation you need.
- Always remember you’re doing the best that you can. Everything can’t go right all of the time. If you’re staying positive, and trying your best, that’s all that matters.
- Take to Twitter! The PR community is a close-knit group on social media. Everyone is
overwhelmingly supportive, and always willing to lend a hand. Sometimes all you need is to talk with someone who knows exactly how you feel!
You’re already half way through the week, so keep looking up!